Mumford and Sons Concert
My summer started out with a concert of one of my favorite bands EVER. I’ve been listening to Mumford since high school and finally got to travel to Pennsylvania to see them. We knew it was going to be rainy weather but we prepared with umbrellas and an outdoor blanket with the plastic bottom but then they wouldn’t let us bring in umbrellas or backpacks so we had to buy ponchos there. It was still great and it made the experience all the more memorable.
My family took a vacation to the Alexandria area in Washington D.C. and then to Myrtle Beach. In Virginia/Maryland we went to Mount Vernon to see General Washington’s home and to the Ford’s Theater where Lincoln was assassinated. Then at Myrtle Beach we went to the beach. It has been a very long time since I’ve seen the ocean so it was incredibly fun…after I got over my fear. I was very scared of the ocean which was unlike what I remember when I went to the ocean as a kid. I watched Moana for the first time on the beach which helped! Also, Aric lost his glasses right at the beginning in the ocean which made everything look like a large blur to him. All in all, it was so fun.
Hammocking in the woods/hiking/reading
Aric and I go on dates where we hammock and read together. They are so relaxing. There’s not very many pictures of me hiking because I look sweaty and stuff. These are nature pictures I took on a recent walk. I have a plant identification book and so I was practicing.
I went to Virginia to see two of my best friends from my first year of college. We just acted generally goofy and went shopping-which is one of our favorite activities.
Starting my Book of The Month club membership
This has been the so fun! I get packages once a month which is fun in general but these packages are books. It has introduced me to a lot of stories that I wouldn’t have read otherwise. The two I have reviewed thus far are The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid and A Million Junes by Emily Henry.
Getting my job!
I got an incredibly amazing job at a library and it has been excellent. Since graduating college, I’ve been considering getting my Master’s in Informational Sciences and this job definitely solidified that.
Starting my Blog
I have wanted to blog about books for a really long time and now that I’m graduated, I’ve decided to go for all the things that I’ve wanted to do but just didn’t for some reason. I want to become a healthier person with no regrets.
Bookish/ Blog Goals
- I would like to post more regularly on the blog.
- I would maybe like to try some different styles of posts (maybe bookish related topics, film reviews, and lists!)
- Explore learning how to make graphics for the blog. My last foray into Photoshop to make my header took so long and was so frustrating and confusing. I want to get better!
- More work on my WIP (work in progress) My goal in life is to be a writer so even if I have no plans of trying to publish this specific story, I want to finish a novel length book to go through the process. I’ve never gotten past the first draft stage.
- This is a goal for the FAR future but I want to try making a book-related video for youtube. I follow a few great book tubers and they make it look so fun.
- All fall related stuff. Wearing sweaters, apple picking, pumpkins, corn mazes, baking, halloween
- I would LOVE another full-time position during the day.
- Buying a puppy would be amazing.
- Visiting more friends
- Take a dance class. It’s another thing (like blogging) that I’ve always wanted to do.
- Going on a road trip. I don’t know where and I don’t know when but I want to do it before the snow.
This post makes me realize I need to take better pictures if I’m going to do more of these life related blog posts.
What was your favorite summer memory? What are goals that you have for the fall?